Shalom and Welcome to Chabad Lubavitch Youth Orginization – serving McGill University and Downtown Montreal since 1972.
We look forward to personally welcoming you at the Lubavitch Jewish Center where you will find warmth, wisdom and an all-around great time!
What is Chabad on Campus?
The Chabad Jewish Student Center at McGill University is one of over 100 on-site Lubavitch-Chabad on Campus centers across America. We offer the anchor and embrace of ‘family’ for Jewish students regardless of background, observance or affiliation. Consider our address one you can turn to for any reason at all 24 hours a day.
Students come to Lubavitch-Chabad for many different reasons.
- Some come on a Friday night for a bowl of homemade chicken soup, fresh baked challah and camaraderie;
- Some come simply to socialize – to relax and enjoy themselves with Jewish activities such as Challah or Hamantashen baking, shofar making, or outdoor trips; or activities with other Jewish students including kosher cooking, spa nights, concerts, Movie nights, paintball, hikes, and more;
- Some come to register and join a ‘birthright’ or other organized trip to Israel;
- Some come during a moment of personal crisis knowing they will always get a discreet, sympathetic ear, a warm open heart, and appropriate advice or referrals;
- Some come for one of the myriad classes offered – from beginner’s Hebrew to Parsha, Mysticism and advanced Talmud – or simply to ask serious questions about Judaism;
- Some come to attend Shabbat or holiday services.
Lubavitch activity on campus is not limited to what goes on at the Lubavitch Center. Lubavitch-Chabad is inherently extroverted, and an active and highly visible presence throughout campus, reaching out to Jewish students through tabling, holiday celebrations, at the Union and at dorms and Greek Houses.